If you’ve had a chance to watch my bio video, you already know the most rewarding part of what I do as a planner is sourcing world-class incentive trips that attendees remember for their lifetime. I truly mean that. It makes me realize that everything I put into this job I love so much is worthwhile. So, what do I keep in mind when conceptualizing a trip? Here is a brief snapshot:
- Is the location safe? The safety of my attendees is always my first priority. I’ve had to pass up some unique location ideas because of turmoil in the area. I’ll look at them again when things settle down.
- Keep in mind your audience. Do they like activities? Golf? Shopping? Or as they do in many cases, do they want it all?
- When is the trip? Weather can make all the difference in whether attendees have a great experience.
- Does the location have high quality and likeable cuisine? Will it support your program with enough dining and offsite venue options?
- How will the attendees get there? It is important to keep in mind the travel to trip ratio. It isn’t fair to fly guests too far for too short a trip. Also, is there enough lift to get the attendees to the destination efficiently? If not, how cost effective would it be to add lift?
- And one of my favorites, how can I take the essence and culture of the destination and weave it into the trip to create an amazing experience?
If you can select a location that accomplishes all this and develop an itinerary that strikes a chord with your client, you just might have done it!Read More